The latest episode of “The Sleeper and the Bust” is live!
Follow us on Twitter
Strategy Section: John Smoltz on Pitching
- His amazing nickname before “Smoltzie” (3:05)
- Evolution of arsenal (4:05)
- Success of FB/SL guys (8:00)
- Slider manipulation & movement (10:30)
- Best way for FB/SL/CB guys to succeed w/out changeup (13:40)
- Did the slider or splitter tax your arm noticeably (16:00)
- Postseason pitching as a stress factor (18:00)
- The SP-RP-SP transition (19:25)
- Closer vs. Setup/Middle Relief warm-up patterns (21:33)
- Today’s Elite RPs as Potential SPs (24:10)
- Preparation Needed for SP-to-RP Switch (27:12)
- Command (28:50)
- More ideal: 1 Dominant Pitch or Diverse, Lesser Arsenal? (37:00)
- Two SPs on the Rise? (39:00)
- Nola v. Rodon (41:33)
- March Madness Tips [spoiler alert: take MSU!] (44:00)
As usual, don’t hesitate to tweet us or comment with fantasy questions.
Approximately 47 minutes of joyous analysis.