The latest episode of “The Sleeper and the Bust” is live. Support the show by subscribing to Fangraphs! With a standard $20 membership, you help maintain and improve our database of stats and graphs as well as our staff of 8 full-time employees and over 50 contributors. The premium ad-free membership at $50 year supports site growth and also includes faster load speeds and better site performance. You can also support monthly for just $3.
Follow us on Twitter
- @sporer – Host
NOTES ON TOP 50s
- Brandon Woodruff: excellent fastball, trusted as a workhorse before injury, 3.35 career FIP
- Max Fried: added slider, improved velo and control, GB lean
- Zac Gallen: 4-pitch mix, big swing-and-miss, career-long HR suppression
- Frankie Montas: premium velo, paired 2015-17 K% w/2018 BB%, new splitter, HR suppression
- Jesus Luzardo: elite prospect w/great K upside, strong 3-pitch mix, could face IP limitation
THE NEXT BIG PITCHER
- Joe Musgrove (5:00)
- Dylan Cease (6:25)
- Michael Kopech (12:24)
- Jose Urquidy (16:30)
- Griffin Canning (20:28)
- Sandy Alcantara (23:12)
As usual, don’t hesitate to tweet us or comment with fantasy questions.
Approximately 31 minutes of joyous analysis.