Regardless of whether you’ve been playing Ottoneu for several years or just a few short weeks, you’ve probably realized that a healthy community of saber-minded owners is just as much of a feature of the growing fantasy sports platform as 40-man rosters and annual player arbitration. That feeling of “community” was strengthened this week with the launch of the “official” Ottoneu Fantasy Sports Community (on Discourse) by game designer Niv Shah.
The Ottoneu community is now your primary resource for Ottoneu content (both baseball and football) and will become the go-to reference guide on a wide range of topics, which is especially important to new Ottoneu owners. Ottoneu is an advanced game with a steep but enjoyable learning curve, but until now an official, permanent storehouse of community information wasn’t available outside of Slack, which is better suited for mobile, high speed daily sports talk with a small segment of the overall Ottoneu owner population. Going forward, the Discourse community and Slack will complement one another, providing all Ottoneu owners with more than enough resources to guarantee Ottoneu players one of the best experiences in fantasy sports.
The new Ottoneu community offers a ton of nice features and resources, but most important might be the fact that it is fully integrated with Ottoneu and FanGraphs and doesn’t require an invite or fee to join. Other features include:
- Permanent message/discussion history with full search capability
- Easy mobile access and readability
- Direct messages and “@mention” notifications (fully customizable)
- Seamless integration with a wide range of links, including Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Earn “badges” for participation, “likes”, and even Ottoneu championships
- Community “trust” levels that increase with participate and enable additional features and accessibility
- Permanent reference for Ottoneu-related content that includes RotoGraphs, podcasts, tools, and more
- Accessed right from your Ottoneu dashboard (top right)
We’re talking gameplay strategies, trade reviews, prospects and much more in the now “official” Ottoneu community, so jump right in and help us build an active community for fantasy sports fans.
Trey is a 20 year fantasy veteran and a five time Ottoneu champion, including the 2015 winner of the Ottoneu Champions League. He currently administers the Ottoneu community, a network of ~1,200 fantasy baseball and football fans talking trash daily. More resources here: http://community.ottoneu.com