- The lineup is set with Justin Upton (.281/.378/.594) batting in the middle of the lineup and starting seven straight games in left field.
- It’ll be interesting to see how the middle infield playing time shakes out when Andrelton Simmons returns from the IL. Luis Rengifo (.297/.381/.541) has heated up over the past two weeks, while Tommy La Stella has cooled down (.256/.273/.349) over the same time frame.
- They’ve used the same lineup in the two games since George Springer’s return from the IL.
- Yordan Alvarez hit fifth but he may be heading to the IL and Jake Marisnick will likely take his lineup spot as long as Kyle Tucker remains in the minors.
- Chad Pinder, Robbie Grossman, and Mark Canha are splitting time in left field.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .337/.443/.780 over the past month after struggling to start the season.
- Cavan Biggio is now batting cleanup.
- Since being promoted, Bobby Bradley has hit 6th or 7th and played first or DH with seven strikeouts in 15 PA.
- Over the last week Jose Ramirez is hitting .421/.522/.632
- Tyler Naquin (.266/.293/.455) has started six straight games.
- Jake Bauers (.225/.301/.394) is in an outfield timeshare with Mike Freeman (.273/.380/.409) and Jordan Luplow (faces LHP, .257/.329/.515).
- Mac Williamson (.226/.324/.371) has hit at the bottom of the lineup since coming over from the Giants.
- Since coming off the IL, Dee Gordon has hit .231/.255/.346.
- Omar Narvaez (.293/.371/.471) has been the DH the last two times Tom Murphy caught.
- Pedro Severino (.278/.348/.494) has hit third against lefties.
- Dwight Smith Jr. has started five of the six games since returning from the IL while hitting .333/.455/.444.
- Anthony Santander is the everyday right fielder batting all over the lineup (the two hole versus righties).
- Since coming off the IL, Joey Gallo is hitting 5th.
- Logan Forsythe is hitting sixth and playing third with Asdrubal Cabrera suspended.
- There are just too many outfielders/DH’s on the team. Two of Shin-Soo Choo, Delino DeShields Jr., Joey Gallo, Danny Santana, Willie Calhoun, and Nomar Mazara must sit every game even with Hunter Pence on the IL.
- Rougned Odor is showing some signs of life by hitting .273/.333/.636 over the past week.
- Kevin Kiermaier has sat against the last two lefties with Guillermo Heredia taking his place.
- While the order is a mess every day, the names are the same.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .175/.214/.200 since coming off the IL.
- Travis d’Arnaud sneaks his way into the lineup against most lefties as the DH or first baseman if not catching.
- The last few lineups have been new with Andrew Benintendi and Brock Holt hurt. Rafael Devers is batting second, Jackie Bradley Jr. fifth, and Marco Hernandez near the bottom and playing second base.
- Nicky Lopez is back to hitting second with Adalberto Mondesi out and hitting .280/.321/.320 over the past two weeks.
- Humberto Arteaga (.250/.280/.292) has started seven games at short.
- Cheslor Cuthbert (.302/.330/.479) continues to swing a hot bat.
- Since coming off the IL, Lucas Duda has started seven of 13 games all against righties. Over that time frame, he’s hitting .148/.200/.296.
- Brandon Dixon (.256/.275/.488 with 3 SB) has hit cleanup the last two games.
- Niko Goodrum is hitting .291/.341/.494 over the last month.
- The bottom half of the lineup is fantasy irrelevant.
- The team is just getting decimated by injuries with Byron Buxton, Marwin Gonzalez, Eddie Rosario, Max Kepler, and Willians Astudillo all dealing with some ailment. Go with the other regulars and good luck guessing the rest.
- Luis Arraez, whoever that is, is hitting .452/.538/.595 in 52 PA and led off last night.
- A few interesting changes.
- With Tim Anderson hurt, Leury Garcia starts at short. He is at five games right now and should get to ten before Anderson returns.
- Since coming off the IL, Jon Jay has started three games and is batting third.
- Charlie Tilson and Ryan Cordell will be sharing one outfield spot.
- Just as it looked like it would stabilize, Giancarlo Stanton goes back on the IL.
- Aaron Judge is batting second since returning.
- Aaron Hicks continues to struggle at the plate hitting .167/.295/.278 over the past two weeks.
- Gleyber Torres (.291/.354/.549) continues to hit at the bottom of the lineup.
Jeff, one of the authors of the fantasy baseball guide,The Process, writes for RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, Rotowire, Baseball America, and BaseballHQ. He has been nominated for two SABR Analytics Research Award for Contemporary Analysis and won it in 2013 in tandem with Bill Petti. He has won three FSWA Awards including on for his MASH series. In his first two seasons in Tout Wars, he's won the H2H league and mixed auction league. Follow him on Twitter @jeffwzimmerman.